Republic of Moldova
Development, as a Solution for Reconciliation in the Transnistrian Conflict
The project aims to contribute to reduce the disparities between the East and the West banks of the Dniester River in the Republic of Moldova by coordinating and harmonising the societies’ political, economic and social development level.
As a result of the project, the following activities were implemented:
- The data base containing experts representing political decision-makers and civil society organizations from the two regions of the Republic of Moldova has been completed. The data base contains 20 experts from Chișinău and 15 from Tiraspol which have relevant experience to analyze and indicate fractures, significant differences and similarities from social, political, economic and non-governmental point of view.
- The international workshop “Comparative analysis of the development on the two banks of the Dniester. Chisinau-Tiraspol Dialogue”. was organized between March 26 – 29. The dialogue involved present and former decision-makers from Chișinău and Tiraspol as well as development, civil society and mass media experts. The experts representing each domain, together with guests from the diplomatic community and university representatives discussed data, facts and conducted analysis regarding the similarities and the disparities between the societies on the two banks of Dniester river. You can find out more about the workshop in the press release or check the Updates section for news on the Workshop.
- Following the dialog, a Report with public policy proposals on reducing the development disparities within the Republic of Moldova societies on the two sides of the Dniester river has being drafted. The report (“A comparative analysis of the development on the two banks of the Dniester. Implemented policies, desirable policies”) has been translated into English and Russian and published in a trilingual edition.
- The international workshop “The economic development on the two banks of the Dniester River”. Internal options and external opportunities” was held in Sibiu between 25th and 28th of June 2015 and marked the project closure. The report was launched during the workshop. Participants from the Chisinau, Tiraspol, Bucharest and Sibiu debated aspects related with the economic development on the two banks of the Dniester River and provided feedback on the report. Find out more in the press release and check the Updates section for several news on the Workshop and interviews with the participants.
- The report “A comparative analysis of the development on
the two banks of the Dniester. Implemented policies, desirable policies” has
been disseminated in Chisinau.
The project aims to contribute to the reduction of the disparities between the East and the West banks of the Dniester River in the Republic of Moldova by coordinating and harmonizing the societies’ political, economic and social development level.
“Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu, The Research Center in International Relations, Political Science and European Studies
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Romania - USD 26,000